Best Diet For Menopause
Best Eating Plan For Healthy Nenopause
Diet & Weight Reduction – Guide to Menopause, Weight & Diet – Best Diet Foods For Menopause
Foods to Restrict During Menopause – Best Vitamins For Menopausal Women – Best Minerals
Healthy Diet Advice – Other Diets for Women – Read Comments About My Weight Loss Forum Best Diet For Menopause Introduction As we get older, the digestive tract becomes less efficient and digestion takes longer.
Our body finds it more difficult to handle foods that are high in calories but low in nutrition. However, we still need the same amount of vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals – sometimes more.
Diet Nutrition is Crucial
For optimum health and feelgood during menopause, focus on good diet nutrition. A healthy nutritious diet not only minimizes all the additional medical health risks of menopause and general ageing, it also reduces both physical and mental symptoms of menopausal life. Choose as many ‘natural’ foods as possible.
]]> ]]> Healthy Menopause Diet – 15 Suggestions
- Boost your daily intake of fruits. Choose melons, bananas and citrus fruits like oranges and lemons, which are high in potassium. Potassium rich foods help balance sodium and water retention. Also include some dried fruit like apricots and figs.
- Boost your daily intake of vegetables (inc. salad) Choose in particular, yam, dark leafy vegetables like kale, collard greens, spinach, pak choi, broccoli and cabbage, as well as peppers, tomatoes and a variety of others.
- Introduce soy foods (eg. soybeans, calcium-fortified soy milk, soy yogurt and tofu.) into your daily eating.
- Eat regular amounts of fiber, especially soluble fiber.
- Junk the fried foods, instead broil or bake.
- Junk the white bread/flour, eat wholegrain bread, oats, rye, wheatgerm.
- Junk the white rice (except basmati), switch to long grain brown rice.
- Eat fewer regular potatoes, eat more sweet potatoes and pasta.
- Add regular helpings of beans and lentils to your meals.
- Junk the processed cooking oils, switch to unprocessed oils. Choose extra virgin olive oil, canola, wheatgerm and flaxseed oil.
- Make oily fish (salmon, mackerel) a regular feature of your diet
Oily fish is rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids which provides a huge range of health benefits.
- Snack on nuts (Brazils, walnuts), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseeds), dried fruit (apricots, figs).
- Try adding seaweed to your diet; ask at your local health food store. Choose Nori, Wakame, Kombu, Arame, which contain natural hormones and plant chemicals which help during menopause.
- Drink more mineral/bottled water, less caffeine and modest amounts of alcohol.
- Enjoy high-calorie junk foods as an occasional treat only
Healthy Eating Doesn’t Mean Being Perfect
You don’t have to follow all 15 of the above dietary suggestions. As long as your menopause eating habits don’t stray too far from my guidelines, you’ll do fine. That said, my eating advice should help to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, including: hot flashes, bloating, water retention, tiredness and depression. In addition, if you combine the eating advice with regular exercise, you will reduce weight and find it much easier to maintain a healthy weight as you get older.
Read about the new GI Diet Method.
For the BEST diets, the BEST tips,
and the BEST women’s weight loss forum on the ENTIRE INTERNET
see: Read About My Weight Loss Program
Please Note: The above advice about Menopause diet and eating habits is offered for general educational purposes only. If you suffer from specific menopausal symptoms, please consult your physician for personal dietary advice.
ANNE COLLINS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
My System | Weight Loss Diet Program | 9 Diet Programs – Try Them All! | GI Diet | Low Carb Diet | Balanced Diet
Low Calorie Booster Diet | Cholesterol-Lowering Diet | Vegetarian Diet | Support | Weight Loss Forum
Our Weight Loss Community | Weight Management Program Information For Doctors
OBESITY, OVERWEIGHT and HEALTH
Weight Loss Help | Healthy Weight Advice | Health Risks of Obesity | Body Mass Index Chart | Obesity Information
Weight & Health Risks | Ideal Weight for Women | Ideal Weight for Men | Waist Circumference | Body Fat Percent
Body Fat & Health | Body Fat Calculators | Reduce Fat Belly | Obesity & Breast Cancer | What Causes Weight Gain
Hypothyroidism | Weight Loss Plateau | Healthy Cholesterol Level | How to Lower Cholesterol | Low Cholesterol Diet
Diabetes Diet | Diabetic Diet Questions | Eating Disorders | Food Cravings | Health & Weight Benefits of Exercise
Weight Loss Tips | Best Support Group | Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Lose Last 10 Pounds | Nutrition and Pregnancy
Lose Weight After Pregnancy | Weight Loss – Pregnancy | Mid-Life Weight Gain | Weight Control in Menopause
Menopause & Diet | Weight and Depression | Teen Weight Loss & Healthy Eating | Help For Overweight Children
Child Obesity | Weight Chart For Children | Weight Loss For Men | Fast Weight Loss | Raise Metabolism
Best Exercise to Burn Calories | Exercise and Calories Burned | Diet Pills | Weight Loss Drugs to Reduce Obesity
Bariatric Surgery | Gastrointestinal Surgery | Health Dangers of Bariatric Surgery | Health Dangers of Gastric Bypass
Weight Loss Programs | Articles | Weight Loss Questions | How to Reduce Weight | Weight Loss Advice
DIETING and DIETARY ADVICE
Healthy Diet Advice | Healthy Diets For Women | Reviews of Diets | Diet News | Fad Diets | Cabbage Soup Diet
Weight Watchers Diet | Low Fat Diet | Carbs and Diet | Dr Atkins Diet | South Beach Diet | Zone | Cider Vinegar Diet
Carbs Guide | Carbs & Blood Sugar | Carbs & Insulin | Carbohydrate Needs | Glycemic Index Guide | GI Diet Method
Low GI Foods | Glycemic Load | Diets For Health | Diet & Health | Diet For High Blood Pressure | Fibromyalgia Diet
Gluten-Free Diet | Irritable Bowel (IBS) Diet | Lactose-Free Diet | Best PCOS Diet | PMS Diet | Online Diet Plans
ENERGY and NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Food Digestion | Calories Index | Guide to Calorie Needs | Calorie Needs for Women | Calories & Weight Loss
Burn Calories and Lose Weight | Calories Used by Exercise | Calorie Savings | Diet Nutrition | Vegetarian Nutrition
Guide to Healthy Diet | Guide to Healthy Eating | Diet Foods | Diet Fat | Good Fat | Protein in Diet | Protein Needs
Good Protein | Good Carbs | Dietary Fiber Guide | Sodium in Diet | Dietary Sugar | Water Needs Add Your Site | Site Map
© 2000-2007 Anne Collins. All rights reserved.