Importance of Eating Less Dietary Fat Eat Less Fat Diet Home – Healthy Diet Advice – Diet Nutrition – Special Diets – Healthy Diets For Women
Weight Loss & Diet Tips – Read About Anne Collins Diet Program – Diet Reviews Eat Less Fat
First, some fat-related statistics:
- The average American eats about 85 grams of fat per day.
- This year, about 1 million Americans will die from cardiovascular disease.
- This year about 400,000 Americans will die prematurely from obesity-related disease.
- 1 in 4 servings of vegetables eaten by Americans are french fries!
Now you can see why US Dietary Guidelines recommend we eat less fat. The truth is, we still eat too much high fat food and (in particular) too much saturated fat.
]]> ]]> How Much Fat Should We Eat (And what sort of fat)
Some practical fat advice:
- Reduce total fat consumption to 15-30 per cent of total daily calorie intake. If you have any of the standard risks for heart disease (high blood pressure, raised cholesterol, a sedentary life, a family history of heart problems, smoker etc.) aim to be towards the lower end of this calories-from-fat range.
- Aim to restrict or (best) eliminate saturated fat consumption. If buying margarine, choose brands without trans-fats or hydrogenated fats.
- Aim to eat most of your fat from foods or unrefined, organic oils, rich in EFAs – especially omega 3.
- If buying oil, ideally choose mechanically pressed, unrefined, organic oils in opaque glass containers.
- If trying to lose weight, be aware that all oils are high in calories, and should be consumed sparingly.
- For more information about fat, click Dietary Fat
A Delicious Low Fat Diet
If you’re looking for a healthy diet plan to help you lower your blood pressure and reduce cholesterol, choose Anne Collins Diet. Includes advice on all weight loss issues, like exercise, food and nutrition. Perfect for healthy weight loss and long term weight control. For information, click Diet Preview.
Return to Weight Loss & Diet Tips
Return to Diet Home ]]>
ANNE COLLINS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
My System | Weight Loss Diet Program | 9 Diet Programs – Try Them All! | GI Diet | Low Carb Diet | Balanced Diet
Low Calorie Booster Diet | Cholesterol-Lowering Diet | Vegetarian Diet | Support | Weight Loss Forum
Our Weight Loss Community | Weight Management Program Information For Doctors
OBESITY, OVERWEIGHT and HEALTH
Weight Loss Help | Healthy Weight Advice | Health Risks of Obesity | Body Mass Index Chart | Obesity Information
Weight & Health Risks | Ideal Weight for Women | Ideal Weight for Men | Waist Circumference | Body Fat Percent
Body Fat & Health | Body Fat Calculators | Reduce Fat Belly | Obesity & Breast Cancer | What Causes Weight Gain
Hypothyroidism | Weight Loss Plateau | Healthy Cholesterol Level | How to Lower Cholesterol | Low Cholesterol Diet
Diabetes Diet | Diabetic Diet Questions | Eating Disorders | Food Cravings | Health & Weight Benefits of Exercise
Weight Loss Tips | Best Support Group | Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Lose Last 10 Pounds | Nutrition and Pregnancy
Lose Weight After Pregnancy | Weight Loss – Pregnancy | Mid-Life Weight Gain | Weight Control in Menopause
Menopause & Diet | Weight and Depression | Teen Weight Loss & Healthy Eating | Help For Overweight Children
Child Obesity | Weight Chart For Children | Weight Loss For Men | Fast Weight Loss | Raise Metabolism
Best Exercise to Burn Calories | Exercise and Calories Burned | Diet Pills | Weight Loss Drugs to Reduce Obesity
Bariatric Surgery | Gastrointestinal Surgery | Health Dangers of Bariatric Surgery | Health Dangers of Gastric Bypass
Weight Loss Programs | Articles | Weight Loss Questions | How to Reduce Weight | Weight Loss Advice
DIETING and DIETARY ADVICE
Healthy Diet Advice | Healthy Diets For Women | Reviews of Diets | Diet News | Fad Diets | Cabbage Soup Diet
Weight Watchers Diet | Low Fat Diet | Carbs and Diet | Dr Atkins Diet | South Beach Diet | Zone | Cider Vinegar Diet
Carbs Guide | Carbs & Blood Sugar | Carbs & Insulin | Carbohydrate Needs | Glycemic Index Guide | GI Diet Method
Low GI Foods | Glycemic Load | Diets For Health | Diet & Health | Diet For High Blood Pressure | Fibromyalgia Diet
Gluten-Free Diet | Irritable Bowel (IBS) Diet | Lactose-Free Diet | Best PCOS Diet | PMS Diet | Online Diet Plans
ENERGY and NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Food Digestion | Calories Index | Guide to Calorie Needs | Calorie Needs for Women | Calories & Weight Loss
Burn Calories and Lose Weight | Calories Used by Exercise | Calorie Savings | Diet Nutrition | Vegetarian Nutrition
Guide to Healthy Diet | Guide to Healthy Eating | Diet Foods | Diet Fat | Good Fat | Protein in Diet | Protein Needs
Good Protein | Good Carbs | Dietary Fiber Guide | Sodium in Diet | Dietary Sugar | Water Needs Add Your Site | Site Map
© 2000-2007 Anne Collins. All rights reserved.