Weight Gain After You Quit Smoking – Maintain Weight After Stopping Smoking Will I Gain Weight if I Quit Smoking? Diet & Weight Control – Weight Loss Help – Healthy Weight – Healthy Weight Loss Program
Forum – Weight Loss Tips – JOIN AC Weight Loss Program Q. Will I gain weight if I stop smoking?
Not everyone gains weight when they stop smoking.
On average, people who quit smoking gain only about 10 pounds.
You are more likely to gain weight when you stop smoking if you have smoked for 10 to 20 years or smoked one or more packs of cigarettes a day.
You can control your weight while you quit smoking by making healthy eating and physical activity a part of your life.
Although you might gain a few pounds, remember you have stopped smoking and taken a big step toward a healthier life.
After You Stop Smoking
Once you quit smoking, you must learn how to handle cravings for cigarettes and food. Interestingly, most cravings only last about 5 minutes.
1. Reduce tension with regular exercise. Taking regular exercise is one of the best ways to feel good, stabilize your appetite and control your weight.
2. Snack on fruit or sugarless gum to satisfy any sweet cravings.
3. Drink less caffeine. Try to avoid soft drinks that contain caffeine, such as sodas. Nicotine withdrawal makes you jittery and nervous, and the caffeine increases this nervous tension.
4. Get a regular 8 hours sleep. When you feel tired, you are more likely to crave cigarettes and food.
5. Seek support and encouragement. Join a support group or find a fellow-quitter for mutual support.
6. For many people, nicotine gum or a nicotine patch, along with improved eating habits and physical activity, has been shown to delay weight gain after quitting.
7. Do not worry about putting on weight after quitting. Some weight gain is a normal result of the nicotine leaving your body.
8. Remind yourself that quitting smoking is the single most important step towards better health. Being 10 pounds overweight is a small price to pay for this improved health!
A Brilliant Diet for When You Quit Smoking
For an easy diet to help reduce weight gain after you stop smoking, choose
Anne Collins Weight Loss Program. Packed with advice on exercise, nutrition
and diet motivation. “Brilliant!”
More Weight Loss Questions
Help to Lose Weight
What is a Healthy Weight?
How to Reduce a Fat Belly?
How is Obesity Treated?
What are the Health Risks of Obesity?
Obesity and Breast Cancer
What Causes Weight Gain?
How to Reduce Mid-Life Weight Gain?
How to Manage Weight and Depression?
Hypothyroidism, Weight Gain & Diet
Unexplained Weight Loss
How to Estimate a Healthy Weight?
What is Your Ideal Weight?
What is the Ideal Weight For Women?
What is the Ideal Weight For Men?
What are Healthy Cholesterol Levels?
How to Lower Cholesterol
What is GI Diet Method?
What is a Healthy Diet?
What is Healthy Eating?
What is the Best Way to Lose Weight?
Should You Count Calories or Carbs?
How Fast Can You Lose Weight?
Best Weight Loss Forum
Do Artificial Sweetners Help Weight Loss?
Calorie Content of Foods
How Much Protein do I Need?
How Much Dietary Fat do We Need?
How Much Fruit Should I Eat?
Losing Fat from Thighs
Fast Weight Loss
How Can I Reduce my Sweet Tooth?
Weight Loss After Pregnancy
Weight Loss Postpartum
Weight Gain During Menopause
Weight Control During Menopause
Is Chromium Good for Weight Loss?
What are the Best Weight Loss Goals?
Why Does Weight Reduction Stop?
How to Lose Last 10 Pounds of Weight
How to Lose Weight After Pregnancy
How to Control Weight Breastfeeding
Is Water Beneficial For Weight Loss?
How Much Water Do We Need to Drink?
How Many Calories Are Used by Exercise?
Best Type of Exercise to Burn Calories?
Teen Weight Loss Tips
Help For Overweight Children
Why Does Weight Loss Slow Down?
Will Exercise Make Me More Hungry?
What Are the Causes of Obesity?
Excess Weight and Heart Attacks
Which are the Healthiest Fats/Oils?
Which Cooking Oil is Best for Weight Loss?
Is Olive Oil Good for Weight Loss?
Calories & Exercise
What is the Best Low Cholesterol Diet?
What is the Best Low Glycemic Index Diet?
What is the Best Low Carb Diet?
What is the Best Diet For Fast Weight Loss?
What is the Best Weight Loss Program?
How Much Weight Can You Lose?
Will I Gain Weight if I Quit Smoking?
Can I Reduce My Stomach?
What is Overweight?
Quick Way to Estimate a Healthy Weight
The Height-Weight Table
How Many Calories Should I Eat? (male)
How Many Calories Should I Eat? (female)
Is Alcohol Bad for Weight Loss?
Dieting and the Energy Dip/Gap
For the BEST DIETS, the BEST FORUM and the BEST SUPPORT
Join Anne Collins Weight Loss Program
© 2000-2007 Anne Collins. All rights reserved.