Sodium Diet Advice & Information
How to Reduce Sodium/Salt in Diet, Reduce Blood Pressure, Food Sources, Health Risks Diet Home – Read About Anne Collins Weight Loss Program – Diet Nutrition
Sodium in Diet – Sodium RDA – Reduce Sodium in Diet – Sodium in Foods Sodium Content of Foods
Sodium in Alcohol – Bagels – Beans 1 – Beans 2 – Sodium in Beef – Bread 1 – Bread 2 – Breakfast Biscuits
Breakfast Cereal 1 – Cereal 2 – Cereal 3 – Sodium in Butter – Cake – Candies – Chocolate – Sodium in Cheese
Cheese 2 – Cheeseburgers – Chicken – Condiments – Cookies – Biscuits – Sodium Content of Crab – Crackers
Cream – Croissants – Danish – Donuts – Dressings – Sodium in Fast Food – Fish – Fish 2 – French Fries – Fruit 1
Fruit 2 – Fruit Juice – Grains/Wheat – Granola Bars – Sodium Content of Hamburgers – Hot Dogs – Ice Cream
Lamb – Margarine – Milk – Muffins – Sodium in Nuts – Pancakes/Waffles – Pies – Pizza 1 – Pizza 2 – Pork
Sodium in Potato Chips – Potatoes – Rice – Sandwiches – Sauces – Shakes – Sodium Content of Shrimp/Lobster
Snacks – Sodium in Soup – Soup 2 – Subs – Syrups – Sodium Tortilla Chips – Turkey – Veg 1 – Veg 2 – Yogurt Sodium Diet Advice
The average Western diet is too high in sodium. In the US, average sodium-intake in the daily diet is 4,000-5,000 mg. In the UK, dietary sodium-intake averages 3,500 mg daily.
]]> ]]> Dangers/Side Effects of Excess Sodium
Excess sodium intake is linked to: hypertension/high blood pressure and heart disease, fluid retention (oedema) and kidney stones. A high-sodium diet increases the need for potassium.
Sodium Diet Advice – 10 Recommendations
To help reduce your sodium intake, follow these 10 low-sodium suggestions:
- But “lower-sodium” foods in your diet, whenever possible.
- Check sodium-content on food labels: choose lower sodium brands.
- Don’t add salt when cooking.
- Go easy when adding salt at the table.
- Reduce intake of salty snacks.
- Reduce intake of fast food.
- Buy fresh cold meats instead of processed varieties.
- Buy lower-sodium breakfast cereals.
- Check canned foods for sodium content. If using foods canned in water, rinse thoroughly before eating.
- Switch from packet-soups to cans, or fresh varieties.
Sodium Diet Advice – Higher Sodium Foods to Avoid
If you need to reduce your sodium-intake, due (eg.) to high blood pressure, please reduce your consumption of these high-sodium foods.
- Hogmaws, ribs, and chitterlings.
- Smoked or cured meats like bacon, bologna, hot dogs, ham, corned beef, luncheon meats, and sausage.
- Canned fish like tuna, salmon, sardines, and mackerel. (Rinse before eating).
- Buttermilk – Although buttermilk is high in sodium, 1 percent or skim buttermilk can be used in cooking to replace whole milk or fat.
- Most cheese spreads and cheeses.
- Salty chips, nuts, pretzels, or pork rinds.
- Some cold (ready to eat) cereals highest in sodium, instant hot cereals.
- Quick cooking rice and instant noodles, boxed mixes like rice, scalloped potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and some frozen dinners, pot pies and pizza.
- Regular canned vegetables.
- Pickled foods like herring, pickles, relish, olives, or sauerkraut.
- Regular canned soups, instant soups.
- Butter, fatback, and salt pork.
- Soy sauce, steak sauce, salad dressing, ketchup, barbecue sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, seasoned salts like lemon pepper, bouillon cubes, meat tenderizer, and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
Healthy Weight Loss Program
For the BEST VALUE weight loss diet on the Internet, PACKED with “brilliant” weight loss tips,
choose Anne Collins Weight Loss Program
Return to Diet Home ]]>
ANNE COLLINS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
My System | Weight Loss Diet Program | 9 Diet Programs – Try Them All! | GI Diet | Low Carb Diet | Balanced Diet
Low Calorie Booster Diet | Cholesterol-Lowering Diet | Vegetarian Diet | Support | Weight Loss Forum
Our Weight Loss Community | Weight Management Program Information For Doctors
OBESITY, OVERWEIGHT and HEALTH
Weight Loss Help | Healthy Weight Advice | Health Risks of Obesity | Body Mass Index Chart | Obesity Information
Weight & Health Risks | Ideal Weight for Women | Ideal Weight for Men | Waist Circumference | Body Fat Percent
Body Fat & Health | Body Fat Calculators | Reduce Fat Belly | Obesity & Breast Cancer | What Causes Weight Gain
Hypothyroidism | Weight Loss Plateau | Healthy Cholesterol Level | How to Lower Cholesterol | Low Cholesterol Diet
Diabetes Diet | Diabetic Diet Questions | Eating Disorders | Food Cravings | Health & Weight Benefits of Exercise
Weight Loss Tips | Best Support Group | Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Lose Last 10 Pounds | Nutrition and Pregnancy
Lose Weight After Pregnancy | Weight Loss – Pregnancy | Mid-Life Weight Gain | Weight Control in Menopause
Menopause & Diet | Weight and Depression | Teen Weight Loss & Healthy Eating | Help For Overweight Children
Child Obesity | Weight Chart For Children | Weight Loss For Men | Fast Weight Loss | Raise Metabolism
Best Exercise to Burn Calories | Exercise and Calories Burned | Diet Pills | Weight Loss Drugs to Reduce Obesity
Bariatric Surgery | Gastrointestinal Surgery | Health Dangers of Bariatric Surgery | Health Dangers of Gastric Bypass
Weight Loss Programs | Articles | Weight Loss Questions | How to Reduce Weight | Weight Loss Advice
DIETING and DIETARY ADVICE
Healthy Diet Advice | Healthy Diets For Women | Reviews of Diets | Diet News | Fad Diets | Cabbage Soup Diet
Weight Watchers Diet | Low Fat Diet | Carbs and Diet | Dr Atkins Diet | South Beach Diet | Zone | Cider Vinegar Diet
Carbs Guide | Carbs & Blood Sugar | Carbs & Insulin | Carbohydrate Needs | Glycemic Index Guide | GI Diet Method
Low GI Foods | Glycemic Load | Diets For Health | Diet & Health | Diet For High Blood Pressure | Fibromyalgia Diet
Gluten-Free Diet | Irritable Bowel (IBS) Diet | Lactose-Free Diet | Best PCOS Diet | PMS Diet | Online Diet Plans
ENERGY and NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Food Digestion | Calories Index | Guide to Calorie Needs | Calorie Needs for Women | Calories & Weight Loss
Burn Calories and Lose Weight | Calories Used by Exercise | Calorie Savings | Diet Nutrition | Vegetarian Nutrition
Guide to Healthy Diet | Guide to Healthy Eating | Diet Foods | Diet Fat | Good Fat | Protein in Diet | Protein Needs
Good Protein | Good Carbs | Dietary Fiber Guide | Sodium in Diet | Dietary Sugar | Water Needs Add Your Site | Site Map
© 2000-2007 Anne Collins. All rights reserved.