Soy and Weight Loss Review, Information about Soy Protein Diet Plan Soy Protein and Weight Loss
Review Diet Home – Reviews of Diets – Weight Loss Help – Diet Tips – Healthy Diet Advice
Healthy Weight Loss Program – Guide to Healthy Diet – Healthy Eating – BEST Weight Loss Forum
Diets For Womens Health – Diets For Health Conditions Soy Protein and Weight Loss Facts about Soy Protein
Health and Weight Loss Benefits of Soy Protein
The health benefits of soy protein are widespread. Incorporation of soy protein into the diet has been shown to be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of heart disease, bone disease (osteoporosis), kidney disease and possibly even several types of cancer. Research seems to indicate that soy protein may aid in the prevention of breast cancer.
- Soy contains more protein than milk without the saturated fat or cholesterol. Soya beans are the only beans to be considered a complete protein because they contain all eight essential amino acids.
- Due to it’s high fiber content, the addition of soy foods into a daily diet benefits any weight loss program.
- Soy protein contains high levels of a substance called Tyrosine, which helps to maintain our alertness and mental energy without the need for excess calories. This may be beneficial for weight control.
- Soy is a low-glycemic index food which helps regulate blood-sugar and insulin fluctuations. This helps you to feel more satisfied and less hungry until your next meal, which is beneficial for weight management and control.
- In Japan, where soy consumption is high, women have minimal menopause problems and only about 16% of Western rates of breast cancer.
- Clinical studies show significant reduction in pre- and post-menopausal breast cancers in women eating high amounts of soy.
- As little as 25mg of soy protein a day may decrease levels of LDL cholesterol and Triglycerides.
- Soya reduces “hot flushes” and incidence of osteoporosis. In one study, the addition of 45g of soya flour reduced the number of hot flushes by 40%.
- Certain studies into animal obesity seem to indicate that soy may stimulate the metabolism, which may assist weight loss.
- According to soy researchers at Iowa State University, “Isoflavone-rich soy may attenuate the increase in fat deposition and prevent loss in lean tissue during menopause.” Thus soy may assist weight management and control during menopause.
Soy Protein – Unanswered Questions
- What daily dosage of soy is needed to obtain these health and/or weight loss benefits?
- Which iso-flavones in soy (e.g. genistein and daidzein) are most valuable for health/ weight loss?
- Is there a dangerous daily dosage of soy?
- Is soy protein best for health and/or weight loss when consumed in food rich in soy rather than supplements like shakes?
- Is genetically modified soy protein as healthy or beneficial for weight loss as unmodified soy?
- Is commercially processed soy protein as healthy or as beneficial for weight loss as “first generation” soyfoods such as roasted soynuts, soy flour, soy milk, tofu, etc.?
Soy Shakes and Supplements
Clinical trials involving soy protein are continuing. But until these tests on soya provide more answers to these questions, it is best to consult your doctor before taking soy supplements or shakes for specific health or weight loss benefits.
A Note about Healthy Weight Control
Fad diets, unbalanced diets, diet pills, diet supplements, weight loss surgery and other short term weight loss methods are not recommended for permanent weight control. The best way to lose excess fat and maintain a healthy weight in the long term is to follow a balanced calorie-controlled diet (that improves your eating habits) and take regular aerobic exercise. An excellent option is Anne Collins Weight Loss Program
ANNE COLLINS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
My System | Weight Loss Diet Program | 9 Diet Programs – Try Them All! | GI Diet | Low Carb Diet | Balanced Diet
Low Calorie Booster Diet | Cholesterol-Lowering Diet | Vegetarian Diet | Support | Weight Loss Forum
Our Weight Loss Community | Weight Management Program Information For Doctors
OBESITY, OVERWEIGHT and HEALTH
Weight Loss Help | Healthy Weight Advice | Health Risks of Obesity | Body Mass Index Chart | Obesity Information
Weight & Health Risks | Ideal Weight for Women | Ideal Weight for Men | Waist Circumference | Body Fat Percent
Body Fat & Health | Body Fat Calculators | Reduce Fat Belly | Obesity & Breast Cancer | What Causes Weight Gain
Hypothyroidism | Weight Loss Plateau | Healthy Cholesterol Level | How to Lower Cholesterol | Low Cholesterol Diet
Diabetes Diet | Diabetic Diet Questions | Eating Disorders | Food Cravings | Health & Weight Benefits of Exercise
Weight Loss Tips | Best Support Group | Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Lose Last 10 Pounds | Nutrition and Pregnancy
Lose Weight After Pregnancy | Weight Loss – Pregnancy | Mid-Life Weight Gain | Weight Control in Menopause
Menopause & Diet | Weight and Depression | Teen Weight Loss & Healthy Eating | Help For Overweight Children
Child Obesity | Weight Chart For Children | Weight Loss For Men | Fast Weight Loss | Raise Metabolism
Best Exercise to Burn Calories | Exercise and Calories Burned | Diet Pills | Weight Loss Drugs to Reduce Obesity
Bariatric Surgery | Gastrointestinal Surgery | Health Dangers of Bariatric Surgery | Health Dangers of Gastric Bypass
Weight Loss Programs | Articles | Weight Loss Questions | How to Reduce Weight | Weight Loss Advice
DIETING and DIETARY ADVICE
Healthy Diet Advice | Healthy Diets For Women | Reviews of Diets | Diet News | Fad Diets | Cabbage Soup Diet
Weight Watchers Diet | Low Fat Diet | Carbs and Diet | Dr Atkins Diet | South Beach Diet | Zone | Cider Vinegar Diet
Carbs Guide | Carbs & Blood Sugar | Carbs & Insulin | Carbohydrate Needs | Glycemic Index Guide | GI Diet Method
Low GI Foods | Glycemic Load | Diets For Health | Diet & Health | Diet For High Blood Pressure | Fibromyalgia Diet
Gluten-Free Diet | Irritable Bowel (IBS) Diet | Lactose-Free Diet | Best PCOS Diet | PMS Diet | Online Diet Plans
ENERGY and NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Food Digestion | Calories Index | Guide to Calorie Needs | Calorie Needs for Women | Calories & Weight Loss
Burn Calories and Lose Weight | Calories Used by Exercise | Calorie Savings | Diet Nutrition | Vegetarian Nutrition
Guide to Healthy Diet | Guide to Healthy Eating | Diet Foods | Diet Fat | Good Fat | Protein in Diet | Protein Needs
Good Protein | Good Carbs | Dietary Fiber Guide | Sodium in Diet | Dietary Sugar | Water Needs Add Your Site | Site Map
© 2000-2007 Anne Collins. All rights reserved.